Monday 8 June 2015

The Many Uses of Fractionated Coconut Oil (FCO)

Fractionated coconut oil, 

ideal for dilution to minimize skin sensitivities

Fractionated Coconut Oil (FCO) is an all-natural carrier oil that readily absorbs into the skin, making it ideal oil for topical therapies. Its feather-light emollient effect provides a soothing barrier without clogging pores and is excellent for dry or troubled skin. It leaves skin feeling silky smooth, not greasy like other vegetable carrier oils. It is completely soluble with all essential oils and is colorless, odorless, and will not stain or go rancid.

About fractionated coconut oil
Fractionated coconut oil is a distillation of fresh coconut oil.  The oil is warmed, then lighter fractions, of lower molecular weight, are separated from the heavier fractions.  This produces an oil that is high in short-chain fatty acids, that are easily washed out of fabrics, has an indefinite shelf life (over one year), and does not require refrigeration.

Use this oil as a light carrier oil, for topical applications of dōTERRA's therapeutic-grade essential oils, to help minimize any possible skin sensitivity.  It can also be used to calm sensitive skin reactions to essential oils, by applying directly to the affected area.
 This product is for topical use only.

Primary benefits of fractionated coconut oil
Fractionated coconut oil is the ultimate massage oil.  It has:
  • Feather-light emollient, provides a soothing barrier, without clogging pores
  • Has a silky, non-greasy feel
  • Is virtually colorless (it's water-clear) and odorless, and non-staining
  • Ideal for combining with all types of essential oils, for topical therapies
  • Completely soluble with all essential oils
  • It is pH balanced, to work with all skin types
  • Is highly nourishing to the skin.
FCO is extremely versatile and can be used in many ways, from making bug repellent to hair serum. Check out additional uses below.

Tips from dōTERRA:

Use as a lubricant with Deep Blue Soothing Blend for a deep tissue massage.
Use with Lavender for a diaper cream. 

FCO is a must have for those with sensitive skin. Dilute with any essential oil when using topically to help with skin sensitivities.

22If you accidentally get an essential oil to close to your eyes, put some FCO on the eye or around the eye area for quick relief. Don’t, however, use water, as it will only make it worse.

Use it as an after shave to help moisturize skin. Add essential oils, such as Lavender or Melaleuca, to help calm skin if you get razor burn. 

Dilute essential oils with FCO when using on infants and children. It allows one drop of essential oil to go a long way without irritating their sensitive skin.



Tips from dōTERRA’s Facebook Fans:

“I use it after being in the sun with Lavender” -Melissa Charles Cates

“I actually use it to remove eye makeup and I have used it on my face, just a couple of drops will do it! I also use it when making homemade lotion. And we use it to help our essential oils carry farther.” -Amy Higgs

“With a few drops of On Guard for oil-pulling” -Laura Rawlins Ceja

coconut“I make the family a bottle of bug repellent by adding a few drops of TerraShield” -Valarie January

“I use it as my face moisturizer. Works great!” -Lindsey Miller

“Running a bit through your hair makes a great shine boost and smoother.” -Christine Bachmeier

“We use it to pre-dilute our oils in roller ball bottles, that way the kids can use the oils when they need to without wasting the whole bottle!” -Cara Rotering Jones

“I make my own liquid foundation with Bare Minerals & FCO. I shake some mineral powder out in a little dish or in my palm, add 2-3 drops of FCO and voila! Applies great and smooth and makes my face feel great.” -Melissa Wilson Weber

“I put it in a spray glass bottle with a few drops of On Guard and let the kids spray each others spines during their night/morning teeth brushing routines.” -Natalie Ririe

“I mix a 15ml bottle of Grapefruit in my bottle of FCO and use it as a daily after shower moisturizer.” -Jody Richardson Simmer

“I use a blend with Melaleuca and rub it on my dry itchy scalp. Helps sooth and stop itch. Added bonus – makes my hair silky smooth.” -Desiree Saporito

“I quit buying perfumes & make-up when I found out what toxic things are in them….so I use Ylang Ylang, Whisper & Fractionated Coconut Oil mixture on my face, neck & arms when going out & many of my friends want to know what kind of “perfume” I use!!! I made some for a friend & she loves it!!” -Kandi King

“I love the FCO, it’s really great to use as a carrier oil, but I recently made mayonnaise out of it. I can’t use Best Foods/Hellmans anymore because it’s 100% soybean oil (allergic to) and the other mayonnaise made from alternative oils just don’t taste right. I couldn’t use the regular extra virgin coconut oil because of the hardening when cold, but this works fabulously!” -Jan Maland Magness

To purchase: CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment